First on East Coast? An overdose patient found all but rotting alive in Manchester, New Hampshire last week told responders he believed he’d been injecting the drug krokodil. Pictured is a wound on the leg of Amber Neitzel, 26, from the drug in Lockport, Illinois in 2013
Previous in the U.S., reports of krokodil had cropped up mostly in the Southwest.
The cheap and highly addictive opiate is typically prepared in an injectable form by cooking up codeine with caustic chemicals including hydrochloric acid and turpentine, which rot the flesh, leaving bone and muscle tissue exposed, doctors say. Read the original story here, http://painhealing.org/flesh-eating-heroin-knock-off-krokodil-appears-on-americas-east-coast-for-the-first-time/